BTW Swim - Finals Week & Winter Break Schedules
Here is the schedule for the rest of this week and for the winter break practices. This message will be posted to the team website home page as well.
Finals Week Schedule
1. No morning practices
3. No Practice Tuesday & Wednesday
4. Written Final & Practice on Thursday during 7th Hour
5. Friday: Sharks and Minnows in the pool til 3:30.
Winter Break Schedule
1. First week will be “open pool” lap workouts for those who want to stay on top of conditioning – NOT MANDATORY
- Monday 12/23 , Thursday 12/26 & Friday 12/27
10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
2. 2nd week of break - "Hell Week"
- Monday 12/30, Tuesday 12/31 and Thursday 1/2
7 a.m. - 10 a.m. swim practice
- Friday 1/3: 100 x 100s
Begin at 7:00 a.m. and likely end between 10:30 and 11:00, depending upon each individual swimmer's pace. This is an annual tradition of swimming 100 x 100 meter laps (which equals 10,000 meters / 10 kilometers.) The coaches have planned sets of stroke work that the swimmers follow. Everyone who finishes gets a cool 100x100 t-shirt courtesy of the Booster Club. Not everyone finishes, but it is a fun day!
We have two big meets as soon as we return from the break:
- Tues. Jan. 7 - Varsity away at Bartlesville
- Thurs. Jan. 9 - JV and Varsity at home for The Hornet Invitational
This is our biggest home meet of the year with several teams participating, so we need all hands on deck to help run this meet. Sign up for jobs on the team website:
Happy holidays to you all!