Winter Break Practice Schedule
The swim team continues to progress and improve. The time and yardage the swimmers put in during December make such a difference when it is time to taper for Regionals or State. Our coaches have set the winter break workout schedule for the Varsity team as follows:
- Wednesday December 20 - 1:20-3:35 pm 7th Hour Class Practice
- Thursday December 21 - 7:00-9:00 am
- Friday December 22 - 7:00-9:00 am
- Wednesday December 27 - 7:00-10:00 AM
- Thursday December 28 - 7:00-10:00 AM
- Friday December 29 7:00-10:00 AM
- Tuesday Jan 2 - 7:00-10:00 AM
- Wednesday Jan 3 - 7:00 - 10:00 AM
Varsity swimmers are encouraged to attend ALL winter break workouts.
- In order to attend Rose Party, varsity swimmers are required to attend four of the eight offered workouts.
For JV swimmers, all winter practices are optional.
Varsity Swimmer Parents -- winter swim practice is really important. Taking a two week break at this point in the season is a significant set back in terms of endurance and speed. It will take a full month (or more) to regain the level at which your swimmer is currently swimming if her or she does not swim over the break. Our coaching staff has had conversations with our swimmers, our senior leadership corps has reinforced the importance of yardage and workouts, and I ask you to encourage your varsity swimmers to make every practice that is available to him or her. If your family is traveling and your swimmer is unable to attend a workout, please have your swimmer talk with our coaching staff for ideas on dry-land workouts that can support his/her swimming. The men's and women's teams have set challenging goals -- winter swim practice is a significant part of preparing the teams to actualize those goals. Thank you for your support!